Arrival Date: July 4, 2024
Departure Date: July 10, 2024
This is the part of the experience where it gets real! We’re going to be staying near the VA Waterfront. The V&A Waterfront is one of Africa’s most visited, situated in the oldest working harbour in South Africa, with the iconic Table Mountain as its backdrop.
THURSDAY, JULY 4TH, 2024
Welcome to the Mother City… Cape Town, South Africa! This property is well located so that you may access the sights of Cape Town, many restaurants, pubs, and shops, all within a safe and short walk from your 5-star hotel!
FRIDAY, JULY 5TH, 2024
Today we will take a difficult trip down South Africa’s past. We will tour Robben Island (where Mandela spent 18 of his 27 years in prison), The District Six Museum for a better understanding of the history of apartheid, and our personal favorite, a visit and walk through the Langa and Gugulethu townships to see how modern life is still impacted by the system of apartheid.
SATURDAY, JULY 6TH, 2024
Our inaugural wine-tasting event in Stalenbosch!
SUNDAY, JULY 7TH, 2024
Today we will visit Table Mountain.
MONDAY, JULY 8TH, 2024
Today will be a full day! The highlights will be a visit to the Cape of Good Hope, Boulders Beach & Penguin Colony, and the Kirstenbosch National Botanical Gardens.
TUESDAY, JULY 9TH, 2024
Today we will take a private biking tour through the city. We’ll cycle through all of the places you’ve heard about, including Bo-Kaap, The Company Gardens, and more!
WEDNESDAY, JULY 10TH, 2024
Today will be a free day to grab some additional souvenirs, and prepare to fly back home!
What’s Included in Your Package:
- 5-star hotel accommodations
- Breakfast is included daily
- Transportation to and from all scheduled events
- Agenda activities
- If you need a roommate, select the two-person package, and email us firstname.lastname@example.org; we will assign one for you. If either no roommate is emailed to us within 60 days of the trip, you will need to pay the difference of the one-person package.
- Private Group Chat for the attendees to communicate throughout the trip
- (for more information about South Africa, check out Black Travel Tube!)
- Transportation for nighttime club/social activities
- Entry into any nighttime club/social activities
- Transportation to and from the airport (Uber Black is very inexpensive and safe)
- Flight to Cape Town, South Africa
- Safari is separate; we will assist in helping you book
- As stated in the terms and conditions FAQ and product description, this product is non-refundable
1. WHEN WILL I RECEIVE MY HOTEL ITINERARY?
Specific 5-star hotel accommodations will be received within a couple weeks of the trip with our trip packages and details.
2. IS THERE A PAYMENT PLAN AVAILABLE?
There is a monthly payment schedule until final payment.
3. WHEN IS THE DEADLINE?
All packages must be paid in full by May 10, 2024 or pay an additional $150 late fee per person. This event is on a first come first serve basis and may sell out before the actual date. (if you’re on the auto-payment plan, you have nothing to worry about!)
4. CAN I CHANGE MY PACKAGE?
Yes, you can adjust your package if you want to add or subtract people or add additional days to your package. Any changes are subject to a $150 change fee.
All packages are non-refundable due to contractual obligations unless travel insurance is purchased. Travel Insurance is available for an additional cost per person. Refunds will not be provided due to a roommate’s cancellation. It is your responsibility to find a replacement for your package and provide replacement information via email. We offer monthly payments as a courtesy. To purchase Travel Insurance, click here!
5. IS THE FLIGHT INCLUDED?
Airfare is not included, but you can find cheap flights by clicking here! You will be solely responsible to obtain your flight to and from Cape Town. If you miss your flight, it is your responsibility to reach out to the hotel directly, and ABrown Planning to let us know that you are still arriving, or it will be assumed that you are forfeiting your room. ABrown Planning is not responsible for any changes in flights or cancellations. All deposits and payments are non-refundable due to hotel and transportation contractual obligations unless travel insurance is bought.
6. WHAT IS THE NEAREST AIRPORT?
Cape Town International Airport (CPT) is the primary airport serving the city of Cape Town and is the second-busiest airport in South Africa and the third-busiest in Africa.
7. CAN I BOOK SEPARATELY?
Unfortunately, not. Our events are private and will require wristbands which are included in the package automatically.
8. IS THE HOTEL ALL-INCLUSIVE?
Breakfast will be included as well as all of the events, however, the hotel will not be all-inclusive.
9. DO I NEED A PASSPORT?
10. CAN I ADD ADDITIONAL PEOPLE TO MY ROOM LATER?
Yes, and we will adjust your rate. You have until the deadline to make room changes.
11. WHAT HAPPENS IF MY ROOMMATE CANCELS?
If the roommate you selected cancels, your rate will adjust to the revised (single person) rate or you can replace them. Any cancellations within 60 days of the event are your responsibility, however, we will try our hardest to help you replace them. If ABrown Planning matched you with a roommate, and that roommate cancels, we would try to replace the individual, or we would take responsibility for the cost (your cost will NOT change.)
12. WHAT HAPPENS IF THERE IS INCLEMENT WEATHER?
It is recommended that you get event insurance that protects against travel and weather issues.
13. WHERE WILL WE BE STAYING!?
A 5-star hotel. We provide details on the resort/hotel 45 days before the trip, or once we sell out.
Roommates must declare occupancy of single, double, triple or quadruple. If a roommate drops out and is not replaced, the rate will be revised to the proper occupancy or the roommate can be replaced. If Urban Events Global has booked your roommate, we will handle the changes. Reminder: ALL PRICES ARE LISTED PER PERSON
15. WHAT IS THE DEPOSIT AMOUNT AT CHECK-IN?
There is a mandatory incidental deposit taken at check-in by either credit/debit card or via a cash deposit.
16. I’M AFRAID OF AFRICA THOUGH…
Click here to see how others do the continent of AFRICA