Destination Italy, a virtual guide to "Bella Italia" - beautiful Italy, how many Italians love to call their country. Italy is located in southern Europe on the Apennine Peninsula. Its distinct shape, resembling a kicking boot, makes it easy to recognize it on maps or even from space.
The peninsula is bordered by the Adriatic Sea in the east, the Sea of Sicily in the south, the Ionian Sea in the southeast, the Ligurian Sea and the Tyrrhenian Sea in the west, all of them are parts of the Mediterranean Sea.
What's included in this trip:
- 6 nights First Class accommodations
- 2 nights Venice
- 2 nights Florence
- 2 nights Rome
- Italian city hotel taxes, fees & service charges
- Hotel Porterage
- All transfers included only with airfare purchase on package arrival & departure dates†
- 8 meals: 6 breakfasts, 2 dinners
- Sightseeing per itinerary in modern air-conditioned motor coach
- Services of English-speaking tour manager throughout
- Services of local guides in all major cities
- Entrance fees per itinerary
- Comfortable wireless earphones for enhanced touring
- Walking tour of Venice including St. Mark’s Square, with its extraordinary treasures and architectural wonders
- Stop at a local farm in the Tuscan countryside for wine tasting and local specialties
- See Pisa’s Piazza dei Miracoli with its famous Leaning Tower
- Explore the Renaissance city of Florence with a guided walking tour
- Visit the 13th-century Basilica di San Francesco in Assisi
- Tour of the Vatican Museums and Michelangelo’s incomparable Sistine Chapel♦
♦ Monday departures do not include the Vatican Museum & Sistine Chapel but instead will visit the Forum & Colosseum.
Is This Trip Right for You?
This program is active. Walking is done over uneven surfaces, stairs, steps, and significant slopes. Expect most of the sightseeing to require 3 to 4 hours of walking as well as a considerable time standing. Many historical cities have specific driving regulations, with set drop off and pick up points, that result in extra walking to and from the sights. The pacing is active as many sites are included. This is an Off Season program. For more information, click here.
What's not included: (Flight can be added upon request)
- Gratuities for Tour Guide & Drivers
DAY 1, Monday - Depart for Italy
Depart for Italy
DAY 2, Tuesday - Arrive in Venice
Arrive in Venice and transfer to your hotel. The remainder of the day is at leisure in this magical city built over a hundred small islands and connected by 400 bridges. Tonight, attend an orientation meeting at approximately 6 PM (exact time will be advised on tour arrival day), with your Tour Manager on the upcoming journey that awaits you in Italy, followed by a Welcome Dinner with your fellow travelers
DAY 3, Wednesday - Venice City Tour
The discovery of Venice begins with a boat ride to the Island of Murano, known for its artistic and colorful glassware. While here, enjoy a visit to one of the factories to witness the art of glassblowing. Afterward, continue to the main Venice island and take a walking tour with your local guide through the maze of narrow alleyways and bridges before reaching St. Mark's Square. Upon reaching the square, stop to view its most prominent monuments including the Bridge of Sighs, the pink marble Doge’s Palace, and golden Basilica of San Marco, one of the city's most recognizable landmarks. It was built over several centuries in a fusion of Byzantine, Roman, and Venetian architecture. The rest of the day is yours to explore Venice at leisure, or to participate in this afternoon's optional Gondola Ride, offering a different perspective of this unique city built on water
Optional: Gondola Ride (PM)
DAY 4, Thursday - Tuscany & Pisa en route to Florence
Depart Venice and travel through the stunning golden landscape of Tuscany, dotted with olive and fig trees. Visit a local Tuscan farm in the countryside for wine tasting paired with delectable local specialties. On to Pisa, to view the famous Piazza Dei Miracoli with its Leaning Tower, among the most instantly recognizable structures on earth. The monuments on the extraordinary Piazza dei Miracoli create a unique architectural blend of Romanesque and Gothic styles. Then, travel to the lively Renaissance city of Florence, with its priceless art and architecture for overnight
DAY 5, Friday - Florence City Tour
Today, take a guided walking tour through the heart of Florence. View the magnificent Duomo, with its Brunelleschi-designed dome, the renowned "Gates of Paradise" of the Baptistery by Ghiberti and Giotto's Bell Tower. You'll be enchanted as you walk through the open-air art museum of Signoria Square, with its Palazzo Vecchio, the first residence of the Medici family that today houses the seat of the city government. Continue to the splendid Ponte Vecchio, also known as the "Old Bridge”. Florence is indeed the center of the world's finest art and architecture. Spend the afternoon at leisure in this spectacular Renaissance city, or participate in the optional guided tour of the Uffizi Gallery* that provides insight into the history of the structure and its collections. The tour highlights include exceptional examples of Florentine painting to help you better understand the works of the masters, including Giotto, Botticelli, and Leonardo da Vinci. Tonight, you are invited to participate in the optional dinner at a Tuscan Restaurant, which begins with a scenic ride through the Tuscan hills and culminates with a sumptuous dinner with unlimited wine and entertainment
*(Optional Uffizi Gallery Tour PM, US $59): available for purchase only in Italy from your Tour Manager. Tour Participation guarantees immediate entry to the Gallery, with no lengthy waits or lines. The museum has a limited maximum capacity and therefore reserves the right to restrict admission. In this case, we may not be able to offer the tour. Price is based on a minimum number of passengers
Optional: Dinner at a Tuscan Restaurant (PM)
DAY 6, Saturday - Medieval Assisi City Tour en route to Rome
Depart Florence and venture on to the quaint medieval town of Assisi, the birthplace of St. Francis—patron saint of Italy, and perched high on a hill in the Umbria region with its rugged, winding streets and sacred shrines. Upon arrival, join your local guide for a walking tour of Assisi, which has been designated a UNESCO World Heritage Site for its significant art and architecture. Its main attraction is the 13th-century Basilica di San Francesco, an artistic highlight of medieval Europe containing the sacred relics of St. Francis and Giotto's frescoes. Afterward, continue to Rome, the astonishing city built on seven hills. Tonight, savor dinner together
Meals: Breakfast, Dinner
DAY 7, Sunday - Tour Ancient Rome
The historic tour of ancient Rome begins at the Roman Forum, walking through the uneven surfaces of the original central area of the city from which Rome developed. View the triumphal Arch of Constantine, erected by the Roman Senate to commemorate Constantine’s tenth year of leadership over the Eternal City. Continue on to the mighty Colosseum, the largest amphitheater built in the Roman Empire that seated over 50,000, where gladiatorial contests and public events were attended by the rich, the poor, and by the Emperor himself. Discover the delights of Rome this afternoon on your own. Tonight, explore on your own and choose one of the numerous restaurants offering delicious local cuisine
DAY 8, Monday - Depart Italy
Arrivederci, Roma! Transfer to the airport for your departure flight
- Traveling to Italy requires a passport valid for six months beyond your travel dates. (Please ensure you take a look at your passport prior to booking this trip to ensure it does not expire soon).
- Refunds will not be issued to expired passports.
- When booking your reservation, you can choose to pay in full or select a payment plan option. You will be automatically added to our automated monthly payment plan option. You can also opt-out of this option by emailing us at email@example.com
- Review our Auto Payment Plan Option
- If you choose to opt-in to the monthly payment plan, you will be notified monthly via email when your payment is due.
- Full payment should be received no later than your Final Payment Due date, travel documents, itineraries, and travel instructions will be sent via email 30 days or earlier prior to travel.
- It's the guest's responsibility to notify Excellence's Travel of all email address changes.
- You MUST purchase your own flight or we can help you purchase flight 30 days prior to your trip.
- Once you purchase your flight you should inform us of your flight information via email, so we can arrange your pick up for "Transfer to and from your Hotel.
- Excellence's Travel Financing Option, click here
Terms & Policies
- Booking this package signifies your acknowledgment of our terms and conditions
- All of your payments to Excellence's Travel and their suppliers are non-refundable and non-transferrable.
- Booking must be made in your FULL NAME as it appears on your government-issued identification.
- Prices are subject to change without notice. Please make your booking today so this low price can be locked-in.
- Monthly payments are required to keep your booking current.
- You must ensure your roommate, if applicable, is also making timely monthly payments.
- You can access TRAVEL JOY to view your booking 24 hours a day.
- Name changes are allowed with a $60 name change fee.
- Late payments WILL NOT BE ALLOWED
Once the reservation has been made, the cancellation will only be accepted in writing. Any reservation that was made without "Travel Protection" will be subject to loss of deposit or any payment made prior to cancellation. Any reservation made with "Travel Protection" will be subject to possible refund if deemed possible. Email your cancellation request to firstname.lastname@example.org or using your Travel Joy account with your invoice or reservation number, full name, and date of travel. If you don't receive an acknowledgment within 48 hours, please call (929)261-2351 to ensure your information was received.
October 31, 2021
Based on One Adult
Departure: Monday, March 7, 2022
October 31, 2021
Based on Two Adults Sharing Room
Departure: Monday, March 7, 2022
Venice Shared Transfer - Airport to Hotel (or nearest mooring)
October 31, 2021
Drop Off Location: Grand Hotel Principe
October 31, 2021
One of the experiences of any Italian holiday is a Venetian gondola ride. For centuries, the traditional flat bottom boat has been a major means of transportation in Venice though its primary role today is to take tourists on rides. Gondoliers may seem like "rough-and-ready" characters, however they are actually highly skilled operators constantly working on the perfect balance of this watercraft. The profession, handed down from generation to generation, is regulated by a guild which issues a limited number of licenses to highly trained gondoliers to navigate the narrow spaces of the Venetian canals. Explore part of the Grand Canal as well as some other hidden minor waterways. The gondola holds a maximum of six passengers. Please note that this is not a private gondola ride. Your gondolier will indicate the seating arrangements to balance the boat and you may not be seated next to your travel companions. Though you may envision the gondolier singing to you, there will only be a musician aboard one of the boats in your fleet of several different gondolas.
Pick-up details to be advised locally. Approximate tour duration is 30 minutes.
Offered: 03/09/2020 - Only
Dinner at a Tuscan Restaurant
October 31, 2021
Come join in a Tuscan Feast tonight! An enjoyable ride through the lovely Tuscan hills will take you to a restaurant where a sumptuous Tuscan dinner will be served. As you enjoy the appetizers, the home-made pasta, the meats, and dessert, let the wine flow and the music accompany your experience! Includes round-trip transportation, 5-course dinner with entertainment, and unlimited wine.
Pick-up details to be advised locally. Approximate tour duration is 2-3 hours.
Offered: 03/11/2022 Only
Rome Shuttle Transfer (FCO) - Hotel to Airport
October 31, 2021
Pick Up Location: Grand Hotel Palatino