Nine Muses Travel, a Member of Gifted Travel Network
Live from Lisbon: Discover how to make famous Pastel de Nata
NINE MUSES TRAVEL CULINARY PASSPORT Private Event Guest Registration
Live from Lisbon: Discover how to make famous Pastel de Nata SUNDAY, JUNE 13 @ 3:00PM - 5:00 PM (EST)
You will create the Pastel de Nata, the most famous dessert in Portuguese pastry and uncover all the secrets about this traditional custard tart making, as well as many anecdotes about the Portuguese food culture!
About our host, Filipa: "I love traveling, but my favorite place in the world is my home! I'm very curious about the world, what makes us unique, our culture. When I travel I like to discover and live the local reality."
The experience in a nutshell: Type of event: Cooking Class, Portuguese Time of the event: Sunday, June 13 at 3:00 PM - 5:00 PM (EST) Number of guests: 5 households maximum (2 per screen)
What to expect:•You will cook the recipe from scratch including the puff pastry following Filipa step by step. • The experience is LIVE from Lisbon to your kitchen • Our session is private - just for Nine Muses Travel!
What you need to know:• The class will be live streamed on Sunday, June 13th at 3:00 PM - 5:00 PM (EST). • All ingredients, kitchen tools and pre-class prep are mentioned in the section below.• This class will be conducted via Zoom and the link will be shared with you after booking.• Your booking will be instantly confirmed. • We'll send you a confirmation email with a recap of your upcoming experience. •The class is offered by Eatwith and reserved privately for Nine Muses Travel. • Eatwith offers free cancellation up to 2 days prior.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED Ingredients for 12 pastries:
INGREDIENTS for Puff Pastry:
• 125 grams unleavened flour • 75 ml water • 100 grams of margarine (If you don't have margarine, use butter and put it in the fridge: It has to be hard.) • fine salt
INGREDIENTS for Filling:
• 250 ml fat milk: separate 50ml + 200 ml (If you don't have fat milk, use regular.) • 40 grams unleavened flour • 10 grams cornstarch flour (maizena) • 3 egg yolks • 1 whole egg
INGREDIENTS for Sugar Syrup:
• 250 grams of sugar• 125 ml water • 1 cinnamon stick • 2 pieces of lemon zest (without the white part)
• 1 pot with 20/26 cm diameter and low (12/16 cm height) • 1 silicone spatula (hand whisk) or a spoon • 1 manual cake whisk or a wood spoon • 1 rolling pin • 2 bowls with 24/30 cm diameter (for mixing ingredients) • Oven 482 degrees F / 250 degrees C • Mini low aluminum cake shapes (mouth/height/base: 69 x 24 x 35 mm to 70 x 30 x 35 mm)
WHAT TO DO BEFORE THE CLASS
The day before class, prepare the Sugar Syrup:
• Pour water, sugar, cinnamon stick and lemon zest inside a pot • Turn on the heat (medium) to warm up the liquid. Don't mix, otherwise bubbles will appear in the final custard • Let the liquid boil (rolling bubbles) more than 2 minutes • Let the syrup cool with lemon zest and cinnamon stick, so it will absorb the flavors. • Cover the container and preserve at a room temperature.
Before the class starts, make sure you have weighed your ingredients and placed them in separate containers.
Nine Muses Travel Culinary Passport private Eatwith event June 13, 2021 livestreaming from 3:00 PM - 5:00 PM (EST) NOTE: Class price is €31.25 which is approximately $37-$39 USD depending on the conversion the day you book the class.