Excite the Senses and Ignite your Soul
Do you hear it? Africa is Calling!
Join us on a bespoke, private group, African Adventure customized with alluring adventures, luxurious amenities and attentive service. The journey, which takes us to South Africa and Zimbabwe, begins in Johannesburg and ends in Cape Winelands. You'll experience incredible game drives, a sunset river cruise, and many customized excursions, all with top-shelf lodging, food and community!
What's not to love? Join us!
Thursday, October 27 - Friday, November 11, 2022
(Botswana Post Trip - Nov. 10 - 16, 2022)
But first, let us start by acknowledging the unprecedented time we are in concerning the pandemic. Everyone's health and safety, along with protecting your investment, are our top priorities! So with that in mind, please know we'll continue to monitor this situation and provide the best guidance we can with those priorities as our guiding principles.
While we are hopeful this situation will be a distant memory by late 2022, we understand it's an added unknown when considering to join us. However, reserving early was critically important so we could advocate and secure favorable travel policies and availability at our preferred lodging and activities. This is especially true at the very intimately sized safari lodges! Lastly, and also critically important, is that we understand this trip is a meaningful investment. We've researched the premium travel insurance providers' current policies and will be offering their preferred policy option to protect your non-refundable investment and health while traveling. For those reasons, and many more, our professional travel advice and guidance is more important now than ever!
Now, let's get back to dreaming about this trip!
Africa creates 'once-in-a-lifetime' adventures even if you're returning or will return to this great continent! On this trip, we'll be visiting during the prime season of late spring/early summer to optimize both the weather and ease of animal viewing. We'll journey to Zimbabwe, view Zambia (from across the Zambezi river) and delve deep into South Africa. Game drives, with expert guides, and luxury lodges will be experienced in not one, but two stunning locations. While on safari, the game drives will be plentiful, but we'll also have the opportunity to set sail down the Zambezi river, to be awe struck by and perhaps zipline downstream from Victoria Falls, to indulge in healing rituals at an on-site spa, to build community with the guides and the amazing guests, and to just 'be' and soak Africa into our soul!
But in contrast, Johannesburg, Cape Town, Cape Peninsula and Cape Winelands are also beckoning, and we'll be there to answer their call too! We can indulge in many diverse adventures including appreciating Apartheid history, exercising our bodies and taste buds in and around Cape Town and Table Mountain, making new friends with the penguins during our peninsula excursion, having indulgent experiences in various wine regions, and so much more.
Where you call home while on vacation can set the tone for the whole experience. Therefore, we've taken extra care to select lodging that will excite and elevate the experience in each location! Without further ado, take 5 mins. to view our luxurious African accommodations that await!
Your anticipation and excitement will start to rise as you read through the overview of our bespoke itinerary below which was carefully crafted for our private group. Additional pre or post custom adventures are available and Journeys That Fit can help craft those too, if desired.
ITINERARY AT A GLANCE
- Thurs., Oct 27 Depart US for pre-trip guests
- Fri., Oct 28 Arrive Johannesburg for pre-trip guests and evening at leisure / remaining guests depart US
- Sat., Oct 29 Johannesburg exploring for pre-trip guests / remaining guests arrive
- Sun., Oct 30 First Safari Lodge-Flight to and Optional Activities in Sabi Sands Game Reserve & Kruger NP, SA
- Mon., Oct 31 On Safari
- Tues., Nov 1 On Safari
Wed., Nov 2 Second Safari Lodge & On Safari - Two quick flights to and Optional Activities in Zambezi National Park, SA
- Thurs., Nov 3 On Safari and touring Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe
- Fri., Nov 4 Flights to and Evening at leisure in Cape Town, SA
- Sat., Nov 5 Guided Tour - Table Mountain, Botanical Garden and Constantia Wine Region
- Sun., Nov 6 Guided Tour - Cape Peninsula Adventure
- Mon., Nov 7 Day Your Way - Guided City Eats Walking Tour (included) OR activity of your choice
- Tues., Nov 8 Guided Tour and transfer to Cape Winelands
- Wed., Nov 9 Day your Way - Morning with 4 guided options & afternoon guided tour (included) or afternoon of your choice
- Thurs., Nov 10 Departure - morning at leisure and flight to US / Post trip to Botswana begins in Selinda Explorers Camp
- Fri., Nov 11 Arrival back in the US / Post trip Botswana - Selinda Explorers Camp
- Sat., Nov 12 Post Trip - Botswana - Selinda Explorers Camp
- Sun., Nov 13 Post Trip - Botswana - Duba Explorers Camp
- Sun., Nov 14 Post Trip - Botswana - Duba Explorers Camp
- Sun., Nov 15 Post Trip - Botswana - Duba Explorers Camp
- Mon., Nov 16 Departure - flight to US
- Tues., Nov 17 Arrival back in the US
Experiences and the community you're with on a trip are the critical elements to unforgettable memories. So don't wait, watch the video below to imagine yourself on these incredible adventures and the life affirming memories you'll have forever with you!
PRE TRIP/ARRIVAL CITY
Johannesburg, South Africa
Lodging: AtholPlace Hotel & Villa (view links: Athol Video and Website) (Pre-Trip 2 nights/Arrival city only 1 night - Superior or Deluxe suite room, assigned in order of registration, and includes breakfast, mini-bar water & other drinks, balcony, wifi, some laundry, and heated pool)
Thurs., Oct 27, Pre-Trip Flight: Depart the US for pre-trip guests
Fri., Oct 28, Pre-Trip Arrival/Others Depart: VIP assistance from the airport and until we settle into our luxurious Relais & Chateaux boutique hotel in Atholl, one of Johannesburg's most attractive suburbs. At AtholPlace, we can enjoy the large pool under the shade of palm trees, or the quiet of the delightful library and bar with its open fire. The landscaped gardens surrounding the lovely house simply add to one's feeling of serenity and offer a secluded setting where guests can lounge, enjoy a beverage and dine. Others joining will depart US.
Sat., Oct 29, Pre-Trip Johannesburg Sightseeing/Others Arrive:
- Become part of the local scene and feel 'Joburg's' energy when we partake in the Saturday 'Neighbourgood' Market. The market draws thousands of visitors to the ever-growing inner-city art scene, and features over 100 local specialty stalls and live music.
At the Apartheid museum, we'll absorb its impact as it depicts the hostile and difficult conditions of South Africa's past and tells the story of the struggle and the triumph of the human spirit. While the museum is a superb example of design, space, and landscape organized by a team of curators, film-makers, historians and designers, the Nelson Mandela exhibit is a highlight.
Relax and greet arriving guests and share what impacted you on your first day in Africa.
Sabi Sands Private Game Reserve beside Kruger National Park, South Africa
Lodging: Londolozi Founders Camp (view links: Founder's Camp Video and Website) (3 nights - Superior Chalet Room. Exclusive and private use of the Founders camp on all-inclusive basis. Includes all meals and beverages, including alcohol, two safari drives daily, nature walks accompanied by experienced armed rangers, a group yoga class daily on the 'yoga deck' suspended in a 500-yr old ebony tree, laundry and some emergency medical evacuation coverage-details in inclusions below.)
Sun., Oct 30, Transfer to Londolozi & Optional Evening Activities: Be whisked away on our charter flight and enjoy our first opportunity to see game along the way. Londolozi Founders Camp, one of their five intimately sized camps, has ten idyllic chalets in the shade of ancient trees along the banks of the Sand River. Londolozi means ‘protector of all living things’, and reflects their ambitious conservation ethic.
- Upon arrival, and during our stay, take a walk through Londolozi Village to see life behind the scenes with staff and family. We'll also have time to spend time in the photography studio, fitness center, pool, yoga class and shopping boutique. A luxurious highlight is a visit, or two, to the Healing House, an unparalleled wellness retreat to relax and renew.
- This afternoon provides the first opportunity for a game drive.
Mon., Oct 31, Game Reserve Full Day: Londolozi is a private game reserve located within the broader private Sabi Sands game reserve. Londolozi guests will have exclusive access to explore on our private reserve, and only share the rest of Sabi Sands with guests from the other on-site camps. This exclusivity provides unparalleled access to the animals, and one of the reasons why Sabi Sands is renowned for its game viewing. The rangers can drive off-road, taking us into the heart of the bush, and lead us on guided walking safaris too. Sabi Sands' unfenced border with Kruger National Park ensures animals can roam freely between the two reserves. The reserves have a sensational dense concentration of wildlife, and yes, it is home to the Big Five and probably the prime location to see the elusive leopard. Elephant, lion, rhino, buffalo, cheetah, giraffe, zebra and a vast variety of antelope make up the compliment of animals!
- Tues., Nov 1, Game Reserve Full Day: Without a doubt, you'll want to do yesterday all over again! So without further ado, let's again marvel at the amazing life on safari.
Zambezi National Park, Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe
Lodging: Old Drift Lodge (view links: Old Drift Video and Website) (2 nights - Tented Suite Room the spacious canvas en-suite rooms exhibit an air of elegance that blends in seamlessly with the natural environment. The suites have stylish furnishings, accentuated by an indoor and outdoor shower, private plunge pool and bath with a view. Includes: all meals and drinks, mini bar contents, laundry, morning and afternoon game drives and river safaris, guided walking safaris, guided tour of the Zimbabwe side of Falls and rainforest entry fees)
Wed., Nov 2, Transfer to Old Drift and Optional Evening Activities: After two quick flights, we'll arrive by mid-morning at our next amazing safari camp. We'll find ourselves a mere 5 miles upstream from the iconic Victoria Falls, in luxury accommodations, on the banks of the Zambezi River with 360 degree views overlooking the pristine Zambezi National Park. While feeling like a world away, the lodge is the closest in the park to Victoria Falls.
We'll choose our activities once on-site. We can begin with a game drive or walking safari plus an evening river cruise. However, you may choose to be more relaxed - your adventure, your way! With any choice, you'll be accompanied by a symphony of bird songs and calls of wildlife.
Extremely memorable moments occur at this lodge as it's nestled within a wild paradise visited by elephant, buffalo, sable herds, eland, zebra, giraffe, kudu, waterbuck and impala. Being extremely close to stunning wildlife, while sipping wine and enjoying appetizers, is spectacular!
Thurs., Nov 3, Victoria Falls and Other Park/Lodge Activity Selections: Be inspired today when one of the seven wonders of the world makes it to the top of our itinerary - Victoria Falls. Awarded as the single largest curtain of falling water and lovingly known as "The Smoke that Thunders."
- We'll begin at the visitors center and explore the area's geological history that created this magnificent spectacle. Then we'll experience the fall's awe-inspiring sights, sounds, and aromas, indeed, one of nature's supreme masterpieces. No photograph can begin to depict the reality, and nothing prepares you for your first sight.
- If you can't get enough, you may add-on an exhilarating zipline downstream from the falls that goes over the Zambezi river/Botaka Gorge too!
- After returning to the lodge, again you may again choose to do a game drive/safari walk, take a river cruise, and/or just relax and take in the wildlife visiting our camp.
Cape Town, South Africa
Lodging: One & Only (view links: One & Only Video and Website) (4 nights in Marina Table Mountain rooms with breakfast and wifi included.) Note exact itinerary below is subject to change slightly since we are planning two years in advance, and customizations may incur additional fee.
Fri., Nov 4, Transfer to Cape Town and have an Afternoon/Evening at Leisure: We will transfer to our commercial flight to Cape Town and arriving mid-afternoon to the captivating One & Only Cape Town.
We will have the balance of the day at leisure to begin exploring...or not. Perhaps wander around the Victoria & Alfred (V&A) Waterfront to eat and shop or stay at the resort and enjoy their many amenities such paddle boarding on their private waterway, lounging by the pool, or indulging at their wellness spa nestled on its own lushly landscaped private island. Cape Town is a foodie paradise, so you'll have many on and off property options, but one night at One & Only's Nobu restaurant is not to be missed.
Sat., Nov 5, Table Mountain & Constantia Adventure: With expert guides, our group will select their ascent method of Table Mountain, Cape Town's scenic backdrop.
For hikers, the saying, “the journey is the destination”, certainly applies when going up the iconic mountain, which overlooks the heart of the city, and provides an up-close exploration of its lush reserve during the invigorating ~2 hour journey.
Those ascending by aerial tram will enjoy a relaxing morning at the hotel, or may choose to shop nearby, and then leave for the unobstructed view of the city by tram, and then enjoy a light hike to a scenic outlook.
- Baked treats and beverages will revive all our bodies before descending.
On the backside of Table Mountain, we'll explore Kirstenbosch Gardens & Boomslang. While botanical gardens may not generally register on your excitement meter, these botanical gardens will be stunning during our late spring/early summer visit, plus, the "Boomslang", a winding aerial boardwalk at treetop level, adds that excitement as we become part of the canopy and literally have a bird's eye view above the gardens of Table Mountain and the surrounding forest.
- Lunch will be in Constantia's beautiful wine region at nothing less than the oldest wine estate in South Africa, Groot Constantia, and dining al fresco on their terrace at Simon's with panoramic views of the vineyards enjoying some of their many wines or craft beers. After lunch, we can use their App for a self-guided tour of the historic estate.
- Next, if you're now ready for adrenaline, zoom along on Silvermist Estate's multiple platform zipline. We'll end our time in Constantia savoring their organic wines while overlooking their vineyards and the amazing view of the False Bay coastline.
Sun., Nov 6, Cape Peninsula Adventure: Our guided Cape Peninsula adventure will be a complete contrast to the cosmopolitan city. With its wild national parks, artistic bohemian seaside villages and working fishing harbors, this day will be about embracing the locals and spending as much time out of the vehicle as possible.
We'll experience Cape Town's most scenic road, Chapman’s Peak Drive, as this ribbon of coastal road is rightly known as one the most scenic drives in the world. We will stop briefly at Bay Harbour Market in Hout Bay, the area's most vibrant market, and then at Noordhoek Farm Village and then onto Simon's Town, where we'll find Africa's only penguins on a local beach who arrived in 1980s and refuse to leave! Get upclose and personal with the penguins by snorkeling in rock pools or exploring on SUPs or kayaks across the kelp beds. Those wanting to stay on dry land can experience a conservation penguin walk.
After admiring the Peninsula's end, Cape Point, and the Ujubee Bee conservation, while on our way to lunch, we will perhaps explore secluded beaches and a shipwreck.
Lunch will be at Crofters Kitchen with chef Nicky Gibbs, who opens up her home for the most relaxed farm to table lunch experience, a traditional gourmet hosted 'Braai' (pronounced "bry" like cry - afrikaans for "barbecue" or "roast").
- Our afternoon will then lead us over the mountain to wind down with early evening sundowners before returning back to base for an evening at leisure.
Mon., Nov 7, Day of Options - City Eats Tour or Your day, your way! Design your perfect day your way, but we have some options for your consideration. But make sure you see Bo Kaap, THE most fantastic place for your Instagram photos...this community is made up of descendants of the Dutch colonial slaves, and is replete with row houses painted with colors that flood the senses.
Option 1-All Day City Eats Tour (included in pricing): Guided walking tour of Cape Town getting to know South Africans and their history through food. En route we'll stop to taste a mixture of traditional food, South African street food and visit some artisanal foodie and coffee shops. The Bo Kaap area is included. #realtasteoftheCape
- Option 2 Morning City Eats Tour & Customize Afternoon : Start with the City Eats walking tour, and in the afternoon perhaps go biking, go golfing (e.g., Royal Cape-SA's oldest course and hosted 10 SA Opens), go to the spa, go to Robben Island-where Nelson Mandela was imprisoned for 18 of his 27 years behind bars...whatever you choose.
- Option 3-Morning Robben Island & Custom Afternoon: Go to Robben Island in the morning, and enjoy an afternoon at leisure.
- Option 4-Custom: Discuss any other options you wish and we can explore designing it. Active Ideas: learn to surf, shark cage drive, snorkel with seals, sunbath on a beach, paraglide or take a helicopter tour. Click here to be inspired!
Franschhoek, Cape Winelands, South Africa
Lodging: La Clé des Montagnes (view links: La Clé video & Website) (2 Nights in their Village villas with exclusive use of Galerie-2 bedroom, Grange-3 bedroom & Colonial-4 bedroom; breakfast included, as well as an en-suite with each bedroom, wifi, terrace, pool, concierge services and transportation within the valley, and bicycles.) Note exact itinerary below is subject to change slightly since we are planning two years in advance, and customizations may incur additional fee.
Tues., Nov 8, Transfer to the Winelands having a Great Journey Along the Way: Day one in Cape Winelands will expand our thinking and taste buds beyond wine; so fun is on-tap no matter what your palette prefers!
In the morning, we'll start at Remhoogte Wine Estate, but their hidden secret is also having their own craft brews, and just for fun, wild animals roaming their grounds such as zebras, antelope, etc. On a short historical driving tour, we'll pass through the beautiful town of Stellenbosch and see its oak tree-lined streets, gorgeous white houses from both the Dutch and English periods, its vibrant University and more. It's time to switch it up now for a pairing of chocolate and brandy (or fruit juice) at Van Ryn's distillery - yes, before lunch - we're on vacation!
- At lunch, we'll delight our palettes with a delicious, relaxing and memorable meal at a surprise location. However, leave room for our next and final tasting.
After lunch, we'll have a fabulous final tasting of olives, olive oil and wine at Morganster, which is perched on the edge of a dam with beautiful views of mountains and wetlands.
Amidst the vines, our distinctive lodging awaits us as we make our way to historic Franschhoek and discover a sense of tranquility and style in our final home away from home at La Clé Village villas. With a team of chefs, the cuisine is dynamic and fresh, and guests come together at the Manoir, the reception and library, for exceptional meals, open living spaces and to enjoy the grand garden. When you're ready to venture out again, Franschhoek's village is a short 4-min. stroll away and bursting with the country’s top restaurants, galleries, local wines and unforgettable experiences.
Wed., Nov 9, Morning Your Way and Afternoon Group Experiences Today, we continue to uncover the natural beauty of the Winelands. This morning there will be options for active exploration on bike, foot or 'scootour', providing an intimate and fun opportunity to see this region in your own way.
Option 1: Wine Tasting at My Wyn Wine Estate - As one of the smallest private cellars in Franschhoek, boasting the most beautiful views over the valley and nestled against the Du Toitskop Mountains, this boutique winery promotes intimate tastings and is well known for their Shiraz and Viognier.
Option 2: Hike – Mont Rochelle Nature Reserve - On the well maintained Uitkyk trail, we'll have spectacular views of the Franschhoek Valley and an array of flora and fauna.
Option 3: Biking - Franschhoek - We will gently cycle around the village, visit some nearby vineyards, and enjoy this wonderful way to explore Franschhoek in a unique way.
Option 4: Scootour down the Franschhoek Pass - If you can ride a bicycle, you’ll be able to handle this scootour adventure which follows an off-road trail in the heart of the Winelands. We will explore some mountain passes, see vineyards, and end at Haute Cabriere for some well-deserved wine tasting.
Lunch & Afternoon -
We'll rejoin everyone and those who chose to remain with the tour will have lunch and explore the many activities at Boschendal Farm & Estate. After lunch, you can SUP on the dam, horseback ride, mountain bike, enjoy another wine tasting, take a farm tour and more.
- Alternatively, you can have lunch at your leisure and enjoy this last afternoon your way. Perhaps you'd like to go golfing at Pearl Valley Jack Nicklaus Signature Golf course or just enjoy some well deserved R&R at the La Clé pools.
- As a last hurrah, you can chose to segway through the Spier Estate vineyards and have one last memorable adventure!
FLIGHT HOME (or post trip to Botswana below)
Thurs., Nov 10, Morning at Leisure and Transfer to the Cape Town Airport to Depart: Sadly, this is the end of our journey, but we'll have a morning at leisure to soak in and savor Africa for a few more hours. Then we'll transfer to the Cape Town airport for our respective flight itineraries.
- Fri., Nov 11, Arrive back in the US with amazing memories and new friends!
POST TRIP to BOTSWANA
Selinda Concession, Botswana
Lodging: Selinda Explorers Camp (view links: Website) (Only four authentic Suites ground level tented camps with two rooms plus verandah and private open-air bathroom with hot water showers and flush loo. All inclusive - food and beverage, except premium liquor)
Thurs., Nov 10, Post Trip Flight and Afternoon/Evening Activities:
- You'll have a private transfer from Cape Winelands to the Cape Town airport with VIP immigration assistance. You'll have a commercial flight to Maun airport, and then a quick charter flight to the Selinda Concession.
- This classic camp, consisting of four custom-designed tents, transports us back to authentic safaris, but with a modern twist and hospitality. Subtly placed under the shade of the riverine forest, the camp is designed in the style of the early explorers both in philosophy and practice. Whiling away afternoons under the canopy of African ebony and mangosteen trees, interspersed with walks and canoeing, make this a respite from the ‘daily grind’ of a traditional safari. This is an unassuming camp, light on its footprint but heavy on its experiential luxury. The atmosphere of the camp is one of bush elegance with relaxed bohemian style, complemented by attentive staff, private professional service and fabulous food. Selinda Explorers Camp is an ideal property for those guests who want to experience Botswana’s extraordinary wildlife but in the most private setting.
Fri.-Sat., Nov 11 - 12; On Safari: The camp comes with a guide who will plan the whole itinerary for the duration of their stay for the guests. Selinda Explorers Camp focuses primarily on the traditional safaris of walking and canoeing. Game drives are offered, both day and night, but are a supplement to other activities as opposed to the emphasis. Your drives will be planned for you so that you get the most out of your stay. Canoeing the Selinda Spillway is one of the most unique experiences in southern Africa. The two person Canadian style canoes are situated in front of the camp for use at anytime. An ideal morning or afternoon trip would be to paddle down the spillway and to then walk back to camp, or be met by a vehicle for a game drive on your return. Canoeing is seasonal and dependent on water levels in the Selinda Spillway. One of the core activities at Explorers is to enjoy a guided walk. It’s also a huge benefit of staying within the conservancies. Walks allow you to appreciate the stunning landscape around us on foot, peacefully, without the noise of engines.
Duba Plains, Botswana
Lodging: Duba Explorers Camp (view links: Website) (Only five Explorer Suites each with en-suite bathroom, indoor shower, desk and private veranda. All inclusive - food and beverage with premium liquor, daily laundry)
Sun., Nov 13, Flight to Second Camp and Afternoon/Evening Activities:
- You'll have a quick charter flight to the Duba Plains.
- Located in the Northern Duba Concession of the Okavango Delta, the surrounding area combines both wetland and dryland habitat, home to (among other species) wild dogs, cheetahs, giraffes and impala, which are seldom seen in the central Duba area. Both day and night game drives will be on offer, as well as boating and walking excursions.
Mon-Tues., Nov 14-15; On Safari: Duba Explorers Camp prides itself on its extraordinary wildlife experiences, and rightly so. Guests of the camp enjoy regular sightings of a diverse range of species, including lechwe, kudu, tsessebe and giraffe. Herds of elephants and buffalo move around the camp and hippo trudge through the swamps creating their channels and paths daily. Lions, leopards and even African wild (painted) dogs are spotted regularly. Birds abound, and the area is a birdwatcher’s paradise. Enjoy guided walks, mokoro and boating opportunities or early morning and late afternoon wildlife drives and revel in the one of the most stunning and varied wildlife areas in the world.
Wed., Nov 16, Return Flight:
- Charter flight from Duba Plains to Maun Airport. Then a commercial flight to Johannesburg with VIP immigration assistance. Then you'll board to flight to the US in Johannesburg.
- Thurs., Nov 17, Arrive back in the US with amazing memories and new friends!
- Private Guides Throughout
- Roundtrip group ground transfers
VIP Meet & Greet airport assistance in Johannesburg and Cape Town
Londolozi Medical Evacuation - to the nearest private medical facility by either road or air (as deemed appropriate by doctor/paramedic) up to 250,000 SA Rand (~$14,800 in 2020)
Private Charter Flights
- Johannesburg to Londolozi, and Londolozi to Kruger Mpumalanga
Accommodations & Related Meals
- 2 nights for pre-trip guests/1 night for others at AtholPlace with breakfast
- 3 nights at Londolozi Founders Camp - all inclusive meals
- 2 nights at Old Drift Lodge - all inclusive meals
- 4 nights at One & Only Cape Town with breakfast
- 2 nights at La Clé Village with breakfast
Tours & Related Meals (no included alcohol with lunches)
Neighbourgood Market, Apartheid Museum & Mandela exhibit (pre-trip guests only)
Victoria Falls tour and rainforest fees with lunch
Cape Town Area
- Table Mountain Tour, Kirtenbosch Garden Tour, Constantia with lunch
- Cape Peninsula Tour with lunch
- City Eats Tour with many various tastings (options available; cost difference may apply)
Cape Winelands Tour
- Day 1 - many delightful tours and tastings, with lunch
- Day 2 - various morning tour options and tastings, with lunch (afternoon options available; cost difference may apply)
POST TRIP (if selected)
- 6 nights accommodations: 3 Selinda Explorers Camp and 3 Duba Explorers Camp
- All VIP immigration assistance
- All charter flights
- All Park fees
- Road transfers
Smooth Safari services provided by JTF
TRIP EXCLUSIONS/ADDITIONAL COSTS
- International roundtrip U.S. flights and ground transportation. We'll provide guidance on these flights.
Two Africa domestic commercial flights: Kruger Mpumalanga airport to Livingstone airport (second of two flights to get to Old Drift Lodge) and Victoria Falls airport to Cape Town airport. These two flights aren't available to book yet; estimate $800 p/person in total for both flights. We will assist with these flights.
- Post Trip commercial flights
Airport Related Items
VIP Meet & Greet airport services and transfers IF not arriving/departing with Atlanta group; estimate $170 p/person.
- Specific luggage required to fit in private transfer (duffel bag with wheels 10"Wx12"Hx24"L).
- Cost to ship your additional luggage from Johannesburg to Cape Town estimated at $50 p/person.
Kaza Visa $50 p/person
- If Kaza not available, Zimbabwe and Zambia visas required ~$80 p/p total (subject to change by local government)
- Yellow Fever vaccination (required if you've been to another yellow fever country in previous 6 months) and optional malaria medication arranged with a preferred US health care professional
- Travel Insurance (a quote will be provided to you and waiver required if not purchased)
- Meals not mentioned above as included
- Optional additional personalization made to the itinerary resulting in additional expense
- Optional personal purchases not included above such as at a spa, winery, etc.
TRIP PRICING (Based on Double Occupancy) and TERMS & CONDITIONS
$15,255 p/person for MAIN TRIP PACKAGE and Smooth Safari planning fee with the following payment schedule:
- Deposit $4500 p/person*
Final Payment due July 8, 2022
$636.50 p/person for optional PRE TRIP package
Deposit $200 p/person*
Final Payment due July 8, 2022
$9,485 p/person for optional Botswana POST TRIP extension
(subject to available as these are very intimate properties)
- Deposit is $2,846 p/person*
Final Payment due July 8, 2022
Single Supplement - If you are traveling alone a single supplement applies. $5,500 main trip & $230 pre-trip = $5,730 total.
Single supplement deposit of $1,500 is due at the time of deposit, and the balance is due at final payment.
* Non-refundable unless replaced with another full paying adult by July 8, 2022, and then refundable less $500 p/person total for all non-refundable items.
** Final payments may be paid in monthly installments after deposits are paid and become non-refundable when paid. Also, the final balance may change per the Terms and Conditions.
- Pricing includes extensive inclusions, as outlined above, and are quoted per person based upon double occupancy.
- Once the itinerary is under deposit, a $150 p/person service fee will be charged for any requested changes to air or land arrangements in addition to any carrier penalties (selecting provided tour customization options doesn't incur this fee).
Pricing is subject to change until paid in full due to annual or other price increases. For example, increases in national park fees, taxes, ground transfer costs, lodging rates, etc.
- Due to supplier terms, unless noted by the single asterisk(*), all payments are non-refundable. (Trip Insurance will be offered and highly recommended as it is your best remedy for maximum reimbursement of non-refundable expenses. If travel insurance isn't purchased a signed liability waiver will be required from each respective traveler.)
TRIP INTEREST / REGISTRATION
So, what do you think? Are you ready to join an epic adventure?
Yes, I'm ready to join and register! Great, we are so grateful you'll be part of our fun group! The first step to your amazing trip is to keep moving forward in this form and complete your registration. Once you register, we'll be back in touch to have you provide, or for returning clients to verify, your client information and answer other specific questions regarding this trip. It's time to get excited!
- Need more time to decide or perhaps not the trip or time for you? Just click on this link and let us know your trip interest so we can respond to your interest level appropriately!