COVID 19 Testing Guideline
The U.S. Centers for Disease Control (CDC) has announced that as of January 26, 2021 at 12:01am EST, that all international airline passengers two years of age or older will be required to present documentation of a negative COVID-19 viral test result (either a nucleic acid amplification test or a rapid antigen test) or show proof of positive viral test in the past 3 months and a letter from your healthcare provider or a public health official stating you were cleared to travel, in order to board and fly into the U.S.
EFFECTIVE December 6 , 2021 -
To Return Back To The USA:
Vaccinated & Unvaccinated Travelers Need The Following:
- A negative Covid 19 test dated within 24 hours of your arrival in the US
Schedule your Covid test with your resort as soon as you check in. Some resorts are covering the cost of the test, otherwise it is at the traveler's expense and must be presented to your airline at time of check-in. This coverage may change at any time.
For more details, visit www.cdc.gov.
COVID 19 Travel Advisory
As travel opens up around the world, all destinations, airports, air carriers, hotels, restaurants, transfer companies, car rental companies, shops and excursions have established COVID-19 safety measures and precautions which may change from day to day. These safety measures may include but are not limited to curfews, attraction closings and reduced hours, size of group gatherings, social distancing requirements, health screenings and self-quarantine requirements. In addition, you must follow CDC guidelines and the recommendations of health officials. Please note that any public location where people have been or are present provides an inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 and Travels Antics cannot guarantee that you will not be exposed during your vacation. By traveling, you agree that you assume these inherent risks associated with your vacation. Any and all additional costs will be your sole responsibility.
Travel Protection/ Travel Insurance
I strongly urge you to consider purchasing travel protection. You are able to use any reputable travel protection provider, I have listed the link below for my preferred supplier. I recommend obtaining a cancel for any reason policy to obtain the maximum level of coverage, and reading each policy to ensure the terms adequately meets your coverage needs such and pre-existing medical conditions and other provisions. Travel protection must be purchased within 21 days from the date you placed your deposit or purchase your package, to be eligible for the cancel for any reason insurance option.
Travel Document Requirements:
All participants must have a valid United States passport at time of travel. Passports are not required to register for this trip. Apply for a U.S. Passport'
Hazardous Material Disclosure:
Federal law forbids the carriage of certain hazardous materials, such as aerosols, fireworks, and flammable liquids, aboard the aircraft. If you do not understand these restrictions, contact your airline or go to http://www.faa.gov/about/initiatives/hazmat_safety.
The following terms and conditions can be what you expect from us. All payments including but not limited to Deposits, Monthly Trip Payments, Travel Insurance, Late Fees, Cancellation Fees are non-refundable and are not able to be transferred to any person or trip under any circumstance without any exception. You will be assessed a late payment fee if your final payment is beyond 11:59 CST on your payment due date. This fee will not be waived under any circumstance if payment is made after the specified date and time in the central time zone. Should you decide to cancel your trip, you must in writing request written cancellation via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and pay a fee of $75 per person before your trip will be cancelled. Once a payment is made it is non-refundable and non-transferable to any person or trip under any circumstance. If a valid charge is disputed after any payment is made, you will be contacted in a good faith effort to rectify the situation but should the client be unwilling to notify the financial institution of the invalid dispute, you will be terminated as a client immediately and refused any future service by Travel Antics and any of it's affiliate agents.
- Valid passport books with a minimum of 6 month validity are required for international travel (passport cannot expire within 6 months of the last day of your trip). Passengers can be denied boarding at their own expense if passport books are not valid.
- All payments are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- Prices quoted for include listed components, please contact agent to add on additional components - upgrades and additions will have an additional costs.
- If Double Occupancy is selected as your package, each guests must pay their deposit on the same date. If not, the total package price will be adjusted to number of travelers who paid their deposit.
- Please register in your full legal name as it appears on your government issued - identification.
- Airport transportation is ONLY provided for guest arriving at Querétaro Intercontinental Airport (Airport Code: QRO).
- We reserve the right to make any changes to the hotel/resort, vendors, tours/excursions, itinerary and/or entertainment line up.
- Travel protection is not included but we strongly recommend you protect your investment. Each guest is responsible for purchasing their own travel protection policy.
- Monthly payments must be made on time to secure your reservation.
- Please notify Travel Antics of a missed payment or cancellation in writing. If 2 consecutive monthly payments are missed your reservation will automatically cancel and no refunds will be given.
- All payments are assessed with a convenience fee. These charges do not decrease your total package price.
- By registering for this event and making your payments you are agreeing to Travel Antics Terms and Conditions. Read here: https://travelantics.com/pages/terms-condition
- Travel Antics shall not be liable, for any personal injury, property damage, inconvenience, loss of time, or any other loss or damage, direct or indirect, arising out of any act, omission, or negligence of any direct air carrier, motor coach company, resort or any other person rendering any service or providing any accommodation or event in conjunction with the travel package. Travel Antics shall not be liable, for any injury, loss or damage, direct or indirect, sustained as a result of theft, accident, mechanical breakdown, Government action (Deployment), weather, act of God, failure to make timely payments, or any other reason beyond Travel Antics' control.
- The resort may require a credit or debit card at check-in to cover any hotel incidental charges not included in the room rate.
- As a condition of utilizing all/any services suggested and/or booked by Travel Antics, you VOLUNTARILY AGREE TO FULLY ASSUME ALL RISKS related to Covid-19 exposure. You further AGREE that you SHALL NOT SUE OTHERWISE HOLD LIABLE Travel Antics, its owners, employees, agents, insurers, and any relevant tour operators, travel agencies, and travel agent for any Covid-19-related illness, injury, death, losses, or damages of any kind of nature whatsoever.
- This Assumption of Risk and Covenant Not to Sue applies to all travelers including but not limited to any minor children for whom an adult guest or visitor is a parent, guardian, or is otherwise responsible for. This Assumption of Risk and Covenant Not to Sue shall be LEGALLY BINDING. Should any guest or visitor bring a claim, suit, or any other action in violation of this provision, the claim, suit, or other action shall be DISMISSED WITH PREJUDICE (meaning permanently dismissed) and all costs of dismissal, including but not limited to reasonable attorneys’ fees and court costs, shall be borne by the party who wrongfully brought the claim, suit or other action in violation of this Assumption of Risk and Covenant Not to Sue.
- Please understand that, without this Assumption of Risk and Covenant Not to Sue, it would be nearly impossible for Travel Antics to operate under the current circumstances. We don’t like legal jargon any more than you do, and we look forward to the day (hopefully in the near future) when all of this goes away. In the meantime, we feel it is only fair that you are fully informed and allowed to make the best possible decisions for you and your loved ones.