- Round Trip to Rome
- Breakfast daily & 6 Dinners
- Meeting and assistance at the airport in Israel upon arrival with group flights
- Transfer between airport and hotels for passengers arriving and departing with group flights
- English-speaking guide throughout the tour
- Baggage handling, hotel taxes, service charges
- Tips to driver, guide, hotels
- Lunches not mentioned in itinerary
- Luggage fees at airport if applicable
- Travel Insurance (highly recommended): available at AIG Travel Guard
- Single occupancy
- Gifts/personal expenses
- Land Only passengers are not guaranteed airport meeting and assistance, including transfers to & from the airport
DAY 1: Saturday October 7, 2023 – DEPARTURE/OVERNIGHT FLIGHT TO ROME
DAY 2: Sunday October 8, 2023 – ROME/POZZUOLI - Arrive in Rome
Pozzuoli, afternoon tour of the ancient Flavian amphitheater and the Temple of Serapis. After this short tour we will check into our hotel for dinner and overnight in Pozzuoli. (D).
DAY 3: Monday October 9, 2023 – POZZUOLI/POMPEI/NAPLES/POZZUOLI
Pompeii. We will have a guided visit of the archeological ruins. In the afternoon we will have a panoramic tour of Naples and for dinner we will stop to have an authentic Neapolitan pizza dinner before returning to our hotel in Pozzuoli for overnight. (B, pizza dinner).
Day 4: Tuesday October 10, 2023 – POZZUOLI/MINTURNO/FORO APPIO/ROME
Minturno, The Appian Way. We then continue our drive north towards Rome, passing by the coastal towns of Gaeta and Terracina, Foro Appio. Lunch at “Mansio Hotel”. Panoramic route of Rome, via the majestic Palatine Hill, the Circus Maximus. On the other side, get a glimpse of the Aventine Hill, site of the Church of Santa Prisca, or Priscilla. We then check into our hotel. for dinner and overnight in Rome. (B, L, D)
Day 5: Wednesday October 11, 2023 - ANCIENT ROME
Ancient Rome: Arch of Titus, the Arch of Constantine and the Colosseum, Trajan’s Column, the Mamertime Prison (where Peter was imprisoned), Capitoline Hill with its Piazza del Campidoglio the magnificent project by Michelangelo. After a break for lunch (on own) in the Colosseum area, we will proceed on foot to the nearby Basilica of San Clemente. Return to our hotel for dinner and overnight. (B, D)
DAY 6: Thursday October 12, 2023 — ROME – PAUL’S DAY
San Paolo alla Regola, Abbey of the Three Fountains, the traditional place of Paul’s martyrdom, Saint Paul Outside the Walls, final the resting site of Apostle Paul. After a break for lunch (on own), Catacombs of San Domatilla. At the end of this visit, you will be transferred back to your hotel. Dinner is on your own this evening. Overnight at hotel in Rome. (B)
DAY 7: Friday October 13, 2023 — ROME/VATICAN/ST. JOHN/SANTA SCALA/SANTA CROCES
Vatican Museums including Raphael’s Rooms and the Sistine Chapel, Basilica of St. Peter’s. After lunch on your own, Basilica of St. John’s and the Scala Sancta. At the end of the tour, we return to our hotel to prepare for the evening in a restaurant with live opera music. (B, D)
DAY 8: Saturday October 14, 2023
Walking tour of the beautiful squares of the city center, Pantheon, piazza Navona and Fontana di Trevi. The rest of the day is at leisure including dinner on your own. Return to the hotel for the overnight. (B)
DAY 9: Sunday October 15, 2023
Roman Jewish Ghetto. The rest of the day is at leisure, for shopping and relaxing. Enjoy a farewell dinner in an authentic restaurant of the Jewish Ghetto. (B, D)
DAY 10: Monday October 16, 2023 – Morning flight home. Arrive home
Itinerary subject to change
Flights from SFO :
October 7, 2023
Departs San Fransico at 7:00 AM, Arrives in Chicago at 1:05 PM.
Departs Chicago at 4:10 Pm, Arrives in Rome at 8:20 AM, the next day (October 8).
Flights from Rome:
October 16, 2023
Departs Rome at 10:30 AM, arrives in Washington/Dulles at 2:15 PM.
Departs Washington/Dulles at 5:30 PM, arrives in San Francisco at 8:25 PM.
Itinerary subject to change
Basic Airport / Flight Information
- Your airline ticket will be issued electronically. When you arrive to the airport, please be prepared to present a passport to an airline representative in order to receive your boarding pass.
- All group seat assignments are under airport control. Seat assignments online are not available for groups. Pre-check-in is not available to groups.
- You should arrive at the airport two hours before your flight departs.
- You are allowed one free checked bag and one free carry-on.
Luggage (per person) limitations:
Checked: weight = 50 pounds max
Maximum Size: total of length + width + depth = 62”
- Carry-ons: you are allowed to bring one piece that will fit in an overhead compartment (up to 14”w x 22”h x 9” deep) plus a smaller piece that will fit under your seat (up to 10”w x 17”h x 9” deep).
- All carry-on luggage items such as liquids, gels and aerosols must be in 3.4 ounce (100ml) or smaller containers. Larger containers that are half-full or toothpaste tubes rolled up are not allowed. There is not a limit on the types of liquids, gels and aerosols in your checked baggage.
- Hazardous materials see: https://www.faa.gov/hazmat/packsafe/resources/media/PackSafe_for_Passengers_English.pdf
Deposits and Payments: A non-refundable deposit of $200 is required from each traveler along with their reservation form to guarantee the booking as soon as possible. The remaining balance is due in 3 payments.
- The first payment of $1,900 is due on May 7, 2023.
- The second payment of $1,900 is due on July 7, 2023.
- The final payment of $950 is due on September 7, 2023.
- A supplement of $435 for single occupancy must be paid in full with the final payment.
For those traveling on the land package only, air travel is not included, the total is $3,500 including the $200 non-refundable deposit. The first payment of $1,900 is due on May 7, 2023. The second payment of $1,400 is due on July 7, 2023.
If using a credit card, a convenience fee (from 3.6% to 4%) will be added to the total.
Cancellation Policy: All cancellations must be made in writing to Yosher Tours. See Terms and Conditions for cancellation fees and policies.
Health Insurance: Health insurance with coverage for the treatment of COVID-19 virus is required for all travelers to Israel. Travel insurance is also highly recommended and available at AIG: Travel Guard.
Passports: You must provide Yosher Tours with a copy of your passport by May 7, 2023. The US State Department recommends that your passport have an expiration date not less than 6 months after your date of return from Italy (expires after April 16, 2024).